Connor's Corner

Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Dino-Might Day!"






Connor did awesome today! He didn't have any reactions to the meds and even managed to settle down towards the end for the vital signs girl (his arch enemy)

We go back next Wednesday for the 3rd treatment...the doctor also wants to send Connor for Neuro-Psych testing-so we can get a better idea where he is at developmentally.

The steroids will probably begin next week after the 3rd treatment...Our doctor is STILL trying to get in touch with the doctor in Illinois. No return call as of yet. Doesn't surprise me after the way I was treated, but still shocking in "the doctor world" Dr. George seemed pretty stunned by it all.

So we are halfway done with this treatment (Yeah!) Two down-two to go!

I also signed Ryan and Stacy up today for "Sibling Camp". It is going to be August 22nd and out at Camp Twin Lakes (about 50 miles from here) I think it will be a good idea for them to be around other kids in their situation who are dealing with a sick brother or sister...Family Camp is in October and we are (hopefully) going to go. There are a lot of opportunities available through the Aflac Cancer Clinic-all to help not only the sick child-but the WHOLE family. How cool is that? :)

Please keep Janice Reynolds in your thoughts and prayers...she posted little Danyelle's obituary and I wanted to share it with all of you. It mentions her struggle with OMS and tells about her love for Christ-amazing at such a young age! Only 7 and further along in her faith than most adults! Heaven is certainly brighter with her there-but the pain her mother is enduring is heartbreaking. Here is the link and click on Danyelle Reynolds. http://www.southerlandfamily.com/

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes for our guy.

3 comments:

The Woodman Family said...

I am so happy to hear that Conner did well with his 2nd round of treatment... He is just so cute.Me and Makhi prayed for Conner yesterday. I show him pictures of Conner all the time. I explain to him that he had OMS just like you do. He said to me yesterday "can we take Conner to the pool with us" I just had to laugh I thought I would share this with you. I hope the next 2 treatment go just as well.
Love to you and Conner and your whole family
Tara Woodman
www.makhiwoodman.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am so happy treatment #2 went so well! I was just telling the crew how hard the last one was, and how rude the medical staff was in Illinois. Prayers are still going up...camp sounds fun and fabulous for the kids!

Mel said...

Camp sounds like a wonderful idea! I didn't know they had things like that!

So so happy Connor's 2nd treatment went smoothly! Praying that next week goes just as smoothly!

*Our Family*

Photobucket

"Connor's 3rd Birthday in Pics"


Before OMS Onset....

Connor was SO happy and interactive-then OMS struck at 15 months old and he changed overnight...

"Holiday Slideshow 2008"

"A Year In Pictures-2008"


Slideshow Stacy Made!

Connor's 2nd Birthday April 2008

Halloween 2006

Connor George Khoury

Connor George Khoury