Connor's Corner

Saturday, August 9, 2008

True Story: I'm a Chicken!

Well-I didn't do it...I didn't give Connor his pills today. Part of it was because I didn't have the strong tasting yogurt in the house that I hide it in and part of it was that I decided I wanted backup around in case he went crazy (can you tell I am expecting the worst, lol?) So, tomorrow morning is the new start day-with Daddy home and the Trix yogurt waiting in the fridge.
It is only for 3 days-so it won't be like the last time-thank goodness for that!

We plan on having a relaxing weekend together as a family. The last few weeks have been busy with appointments, house painting going on, and just lots of chaos. So we plan on doing some last minute school shopping, going swimming, and church on Sunday.

Speaking of church-I have a funny story to tell on the subject. A lot of people that know Connor, and what a handful he can be, are surprised he can make it through a church service! :) It is kinda funny! We don' have a nursery, so yes-he is with us in the pew for the entire time. My only guess is it must be God watching over us and being really happy we are there, and He helps keep Connor calm enough to last through most of the service. LOL

I hope he can keep going with us while his immune system is so suppressed for the next six months...sometimes it makes me really mad that other people come around to places like church and school when they are sneezing and coughing like crazy-even if I didn't have a child I was trying to keep away from all the wicked germs out there-it annoys me. I wish Connor would leave a mask on his face for certain situations-but anyone who knows him also knows that is not going to happen anytime soon! :)

Take care,
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I am glad you waited...it is better to have the best possible support and surroundings when starting any new meds...and 2 to 1 are better odds for heading off disasters! Hope all goes well today...love you lots! I hope to see you this weekend for the last blast of summer!

Mel said...

I don't blame you for waiting until Sam could be around! My Dad was on steroids for a LONG time (he has PMR - long story) and his personality really did change when his dosage was increased. He also got sick alot because of the suppressed immune system - it's NO fun trying to avoid germs - they're everywhere!

Good luck and enjoy your family time!

*Our Family*

Photobucket

"Connor's 3rd Birthday in Pics"


Before OMS Onset....

Connor was SO happy and interactive-then OMS struck at 15 months old and he changed overnight...

"Holiday Slideshow 2008"

"A Year In Pictures-2008"


Slideshow Stacy Made!

Connor's 2nd Birthday April 2008

Halloween 2006

Connor George Khoury

Connor George Khoury