Connor's Corner

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"How To Entertain a Toddler"


Me & Sam have been having to get creative on all these trips back and forth to Atlanta with Connor. He is good in the car, but gets pretty antsy after sitting for a couple hours...this pic is from our last trip-he got a kick out of me putting sunglasses on his Barney toy, lol. He does look silly, doesn't he? :)

No results back on the blood cultures-but Connor's fever was down and other than not eating much, he was doing good. Still moody, but walking was slightly improved (yah!) He even walked all the way from the car to the school to pick up Samantha today.

Speech therapy was this morning-no real strides in that area, but we did get some useful advice on dealing with his moodiness and on practicing sharing. Trying to teach sharing to a two year old on steroids is not easy!

We set up a "practice" sharing session tonight with Connor, Samantha, and Stacy-they all sat down to color with markers. Connor was leaping over the table to attack his sisters to give you an idea how that went, lol! It did cool off later on, and I thanked my helpers for their part in the practicing...Stacy suggested earplugs next time. Good idea!

It is very bittersweet to see school starting and Connor not able to go this year...hopefully next year will be his turn. In the meantime-I am working with him every day to try and teach him things he needs to learn. I see him improving-just so slowly it is frustrating. Please keep praying for him to learn some words and understand more-these prayers are badly needed!

God Bless,
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Stacy suggested earplugs!" LOL! How funny! I can hear the screams of 2 year old outrage from here! What good sisters they were to help out. Even at the best of times, two year olds aren't the best at sharing. (I'm still laughing!)

Anonymous said...

understand more??? mama dont doubt him hes smarter then we think we just need to be good role models he learns from copying us, remember he can get his own dishes now and put them in the sink.And he actually pays attention to the tv its only the wiggles but its a start, he can go on walks with me and belle and he even knows sign language! I think hes pretty cool and hes very tough I would be horrible just the thought of needles freaks me out but I still wish I had instead of him after all he is still only a baby.... I love you and just so you know I think he understands enough.

*Our Family*

Photobucket

"Connor's 3rd Birthday in Pics"


Before OMS Onset....

Connor was SO happy and interactive-then OMS struck at 15 months old and he changed overnight...

"Holiday Slideshow 2008"

"A Year In Pictures-2008"


Slideshow Stacy Made!

Connor's 2nd Birthday April 2008

Halloween 2006

Connor George Khoury

Connor George Khoury