Connor's Corner

Friday, August 22, 2008

Cool Quote

"A mother understands....what a child does not say."

I saw this tonight on a special needs message board and it struck me right away. Sure sums up it up, huh? I can see the frustration in Connor these days, especially with the moodiness-it makes it even more difficult to deal with the lack of language. Poor guy...tonight I went to Samantha's kindergarten orientation and it scared the daylights out of me! Not for her thank goodness-but for Connor's future. So much to learn, so far to go to catch up...overwhelming to put it mildly. Trying to take it day by day, but some days are tougher than others...will he learn to talk? To count? To read? I hope and pray he will!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Connor will get there. I don't know how fast...but he will learn. I will support him any way I can to help. You are doing everything, and I mean everything, to keep him learning and developing. This year, we can start the STEPS referral process, and next year he will get even more help. Love you all!

Aunt Kristi

*Our Family*

Photobucket

"Connor's 3rd Birthday in Pics"


Before OMS Onset....

Connor was SO happy and interactive-then OMS struck at 15 months old and he changed overnight...

"Holiday Slideshow 2008"

"A Year In Pictures-2008"


Slideshow Stacy Made!

Connor's 2nd Birthday April 2008

Halloween 2006

Connor George Khoury

Connor George Khoury