Connor's Corner

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Connor is not doing good...

It looks like he may be having a relapse of his OMS symptoms.

His eyes are moving uncontrollably (the opsoclonus) This is not good-it is a sign that more damage is occurring to his little brain. I emailed the doctor last night and I am about to send him a video of Connor this morning and his eyes. Hopefully he will have some good ideas of where we should go next...

I can't stand seeing him like this-he can't watch TV (he hasn't for a while now) and my nerves are just shot from watching him like a hawk.

Edited to add:

I heard back from the nurse and she said his doctor said to start his steroids now instead of waiting til April 1st. And he is looking into what to do next. Then the nurse said he wanted to know if we wanted to move his scan up closer-so I asked is he thinking the tumor is back? And it was obvious he thought it might be a possibility...but I don't think that is what is causing this...OMS is just like this, tends to come and go and keep you on your toes.

Just heard back again...He is thinking about starting Connor on Imuran, low-dose Cytoxan, and/or repeating the Rituximab he had last August are the three things he is looking into. All 3 of these are chemotherapy drugs. Looks like we are back in the fight bigtime.

Please say a prayer for the doctor to guide us in the right direction. And for poor Connor to get some relief quickly from the eyes movements-it is obviously bothering him as he keeps rubbing his eyes after the jerks occur.

He was doing so well-he has had a yucky nose so maybe that is what triggered the symptoms to go from bad to worse so quickly. His doctor is taking this very seriously and we have confidence in him finding the right mix of meds to get us over this setback.

Love to all-
Debbie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I am sorry to hear this. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Susan said...

I am so sorry to hear Connor is having such a hard time. I hope these drugs will quickly stop OMS in its tracks.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Debbie - let me know if you guys need anything. Dr. George is great though and Connor is in good hands. I love you guys -hang in there. Give C a big kiss and hug from Aunt Lallie.

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear that Connor is having a rough time. I know relapse is so heartbreaking. We will keep Connor in our prayers. I hope you find the right answers quickly and Connor gets on the right road to recovery. Hang in there and big hugs to Connor.

Hugs,
Barb and Kaitlyn Eatherton
www.babyhomepages.net/kaitlyn04

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for you guys since you told me the news on facebook......I just wish there was an answer to all of this that our kids have to go through.....I will be thinking and praying for you guys as I do every day and hope that this relapse causes no damage to Connor. Stay strong...

~Jodi & Travon

*Our Family*

Photobucket

"Connor's 3rd Birthday in Pics"


Before OMS Onset....

Connor was SO happy and interactive-then OMS struck at 15 months old and he changed overnight...

"Holiday Slideshow 2008"

"A Year In Pictures-2008"


Slideshow Stacy Made!

Connor's 2nd Birthday April 2008

Halloween 2006

Connor George Khoury

Connor George Khoury