Connor's Corner

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Who were we kidding?"




Tonight I was browsing through some pics from this time last year (note above pics) I guess feeling thankful of how far our boy has come in these past 12 months-when I noticed something for the first time.

Connor was missing quite a bit of hair and we didn't even know it! :) How is that for blissful ignorance? I knew I had an incredibly hard time fixing his hair each day, but for some reason, I remember excusing it to his curls-that they must be curling up and leaving bare spots...so I would slick it down with his baby brush again and again, lol. "Oh no-it couldn't be the chemo making me see his scalp!" It is funny now-but I guess we were so glad he still had hair at all, that the thinning just went by unnoticed until now.

He had a good day today-his mouth problems seem much improved lately, so thank you to all for prayers sent on his behalf-they are working! :-) His appetite has improved and he is feeling well. He is VERY excited about all the Christmas decorations around town, his favorite part of the day is driving in the car, so he can see all the lights and trees.

Much Love,
Debbie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I was in the dark as well b/c I never noticed his hair had gotten so thin. Amazing...

Love you guys,
Lallie

Anonymous said...

I am wishing you and your family the best now and in the upcoming year. All the kids are lucky to have you and Sam as parents. You guys are so strong and have a great support system.

Mel said...

I never noticed the hair being thinner either in pictures at the time, but I can definitely see it in these photos!

I can see why you would think the curls make "styling" his hair more difficult b/c I have that problem with E's hair all the time. And I can certainly understand how your focus was elsewhere at at time...

Good luck at speech therapy today!

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

So glad to hear that Connor is doing well! :) It is funny to think that you never noticed Connors hair thinning, but then you think back about how much other stuff you had to be worrying about and paying attention to...the hair thinning is something that went completely unnoticed..lol:) I wanted to wish you all a happy, healthy, blessed Christmas and New Year!! You guys deserve it!! Take care and enjoy the holiday season:)

~Jodi Vollbracht

www.caringbridge.org/visit/travonstclair

rhenda Elsayed said...

what a handsome son you have, may he be blessed with a long and healthy life, wishing you and your family and merry christmas and a wonderful new year!
www.caringbridge.org/visit/
alielsayed

take care and God bless...
rhenda&ali

*Our Family*

Photobucket

"Connor's 3rd Birthday in Pics"


Before OMS Onset....

Connor was SO happy and interactive-then OMS struck at 15 months old and he changed overnight...

"Holiday Slideshow 2008"

"A Year In Pictures-2008"


Slideshow Stacy Made!

Connor's 2nd Birthday April 2008

Halloween 2006

Connor George Khoury

Connor George Khoury