Connor's Corner

Monday, November 24, 2008

Puppy Post Continued...

Seems one bath isn't enough when it comes to getting large quantities of olive oil out of doggie hair! Today was the first day of Sam's vacation and we went to Target to buy some Dawn Dishwashing liquid to see if that might "cut the grease" so to speak, lol. It did thank goodness, and Belle is back to normal. No sooner was this saga over with and Sam was pouring some old leftover Sprite out in the backyard and Belle was lapping it up. Good grief! He has got to stop this or his time off fro m work is going to drive me batty. :)

We did some Christmas shopping for the kids today and Connor enjoyed looking at decorations again at all the stores. His favorite? A giant pink flamingo wearing a Santa hat! Silly boy-he was so cute signing bird while he was staring at it in awe. The thing was tacky, but I suppose very beautiful and colorful to him.

We had a meeting at Samantha's school and afterwords we got incredibly lucky and were able to watch her class practice for the Thanksgiving play tomorrow! Yeah!!! We are still upset that we won't be there for the real thing-but this was so wonderful to get to see Samantha singing and saying her famous, "Mercy me!" line. (adorable) Aunt Kristi is still planning to make us a DVD of the live performance tomorrow while we are in Atlanta for Connor's treatment (Thanks Kris, I love u) and we will be able to all sit down and watch it together at home later this week.

Ryan and Stacy are looking forward to vacation...I think we all need some downtime right now.
Stacy will be busy finishing up her project for Science Fair, but other than that-just family stuff going on the next few days...

Thanks for the well wishes, prayers, and love. I hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings if I haven't been as good as I should be with calls, emails, etc...I am not too proud to admit I am overwelmed right now with all that is going on mentally, physically, and emotionally-not just with Connor-but with trying to keep everything normal and fun for the rest of the family. I am struggling every day to keep my head above water with all the appts. and driving, and kids and their schedules, the house, Sam, and the businesses, etc. Please know I haven't forgotten anyone, and I am trying to get back in the swing of things after a much needed break. Love to ALL.
God Bless,
Debbie

2 comments:

The Woodman Family said...

Debbie
My prayers are alway with Connor and your entirer family! I would love to talk with you sometime. I would love to call you but some where along the line I have misplaced your phone number.
My number is 717-944-3113
Tara Woodman
or you could send yours to my e-mail

Anonymous said...

Connor is so blessed to have his family and you are so blessed to have Connor. He is doing so awesome these past few months...yes, a lot is because of the new meds, but a whole lot is because of the love and support of his whole family. I really like the new look of your blog and I love the Christmas music. Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year, full of hope, wonder, and love. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving day with all of you.

Mom

*Our Family*

Photobucket

"Connor's 3rd Birthday in Pics"


Before OMS Onset....

Connor was SO happy and interactive-then OMS struck at 15 months old and he changed overnight...

"Holiday Slideshow 2008"

"A Year In Pictures-2008"


Slideshow Stacy Made!

Connor's 2nd Birthday April 2008

Halloween 2006

Connor George Khoury

Connor George Khoury