Connor's Corner

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another Anniversary...

Seems I am constantly seeing things as important milestones...one of our most important milestones has come since LAST November. It was only a year ago that Connor (at age 2 1/2) could not speak a single word. I waited so long to hear that precious voice say Mama for the first time. I cried when I heard him speak that day-I could see it in his eyes that he knew I was his Mama and that the word was connected to me. What a gift from God and many prayers answered!

Soon after more words came-some we could understand and some we could not. His articulation has continued to cause him great frustration...sometimes he will shake his head no again and again, as we ask him, "Did you say ___?" He now has about 50 words he tries to say-but most of them are only understandable to VERY close family members...But we are proud of him-he has gone from being completely silent to being able to communicate his needs and wants pretty well!

Speech therapy is going very well. Great therapist, and very useful info to try at home to keep him learning new words. I am in awe every time we go how they work with him and get him to make sounds he hasn't before.

He hasn't gotten the H1N1 vaccine...it just simply isn't available. I was conflicted on the vaccine anyway-but I am very worried about this and every other illness just waiting to attack. I try not to keep him in a bubble-he goes to school the 3 days a week after all now. But nothing makes me madder than seeing a sick child at school that does not need to be there! Please keep your kids home if they are sick-not just for kids like Connor with poor immune systems, but for all the kids. H1N1 is hitting all sorts of people, especially healthy kids. Okay-off that soundboard, lol.

Love to all and please keep all the OMS kids and NB kids in your thoughts and prayers,
Debbie

No comments:

*Our Family*

Photobucket

"Connor's 3rd Birthday in Pics"


Before OMS Onset....

Connor was SO happy and interactive-then OMS struck at 15 months old and he changed overnight...

"Holiday Slideshow 2008"

"A Year In Pictures-2008"


Slideshow Stacy Made!

Connor's 2nd Birthday April 2008

Halloween 2006

Connor George Khoury

Connor George Khoury