Connor's Corner

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ahh, the relief!

Connor's grandfather gave him a tube of some "muscle & joint pain relief cream"-you know, the stinky stuff that smells like Ben-Gay, lol. Connor is obsessed with it now! He is carrying it everywhere he goes and it seems to be helping him out some. I just thought it was funny for some reason-I guess since it is being used by a 3 yr. old might have something to do with it?

CLinic went smoothly today. I didn't know wether to be happy or sad that Connor did SO awesome for getting his port accessed...i was happy for him that he laid down and didn't make a fuss, but then another part of me was thinking this is so sad-he has finally truly accepted that this is what he has to do. What a brave little fighter he is, so tough and strong through all the pokes and sticks and the medical tape he hates so much. He even despises putting the numbing cream on before had, it is all cold and icky feeling- but he takes that too! Connor is amazing!

Good report from the doctor, no immediate plans to get off the steroids-fine by me, I am scared beyond wrords of him having no protection for his growing brain. I do believe it will be within the next 6 months that we wean him off...or possibly decrease based on Connor's pain level with them.

Got our check in call with the Make-A-Wish organization! Everything seems on track for Connor to get his wish in the named time frame of 6-12 months. Still not quite sure what he will pick-as he gets older his intersts are changing often...right now he is totally into Handy Manny and is obsessed with "fixing" things all around the house.

Monday we have a little photo shoot set up for Relay For Life, along with little Chloe Shiver, since they are the two chosen honorary children for the event. I'm a little worried about the weather since it is going to be outside, and also worried becasue Connor is having a problem with wind right now touching his head. ?? Strange, I know, lol. So he might end up in a cute hat for the pic, we will see I guess!

Little Layla Grace passed away earlier today...my heart sank when I heard the news, but thank goodness there is no more pain for this sweet two year old baby girl. She suffered from neuroblastoma and her family could use as many prayers as you can send!
www.twitter.com/laylagrace

Thanks for checking on us, with love-
Deb

1 comment:

Joede said...

Pain relieving cream from grandpa...its magic stuff and that 3yo brain knows it! :)
Glad it went well at clinic today! (Hug)
Happy birthday stacy and ryan, sorry I am so late with my wishes!
You two are doing fantastic with your volunteering, your mom is so proud of you guys, she tells us how wonderful you are all the time.
Happy birthday adam and erin, sorry I am late with my wishes for you guys too! You're growing up eway to fast!
I would love to see pics from the father/daughter dance. I remember mine fom when I was little...afterall these years. Definitely a special time.

*Our Family*

Photobucket

"Connor's 3rd Birthday in Pics"


Before OMS Onset....

Connor was SO happy and interactive-then OMS struck at 15 months old and he changed overnight...

"Holiday Slideshow 2008"

"A Year In Pictures-2008"


Slideshow Stacy Made!

Connor's 2nd Birthday April 2008

Halloween 2006

Connor George Khoury

Connor George Khoury