Connor's Corner

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Where do I begin???

A lot can happen in less than a week I learned. Samantha broke her wrist on Sunday trying to climb over a baby gate :( (it was almost exactly three years ago that she was in a long arm cast after a fall running around with her cousins) This time she has a pink with purple stripes SHORT cast (much easier!) and is feeling a lot better after a tough start to her week. Still in some pain-but going to school like a trouper and not complaining at all! Poor girl-she is so tough, and I am so proud of her.

Connor finished Round 7 of Decadron well. He did good on the Zyprexa with his mood swings-still had problems, but much better-and his pain was controlled fairly good with meds as well. He is still walking (yeah!) and is now back to his pleasent non-steroid-self...I am keeping close track of when he might begin having trouble walking to see if it relates in any way to his IVIG infusions. This will determine if he needs a higher dose or an infusion more often instead of monthly.

And some good news...

We were leaving playgroup today and I told him to say bye (expecting him to wave) and he said "Bye" It was a little garbled, but it was obvious what he was saying.

My jaw dropped I was thinking, did he just say bye? I am STILL in shock. After all these years-he said it finally. Thank you God!!!

His appointment in Atlanta yesterday at the eye doctor is over with-now we have ALL the paperwork we need to turn into the school system to get him evaluated for the STEPS program. His eyes were in great shape the doc said...

Doesn't sound like the school we were interested in for Connor is going to work out-long waiting list and it is primarily beneficial for the kids with autism as I was afraid it would be. I was disappointed, but I have a new plan of action, lol. We are going to see what the school system offers him and then put him in regular preschool the rest of the time. (I hope) I don't know if we will need to provide an aide for him there or not...I'll let ya'll know what we find out.

Deb

1 comment:

The Woodman Family said...

Wow Debbie sounds like a busy week. Sorry to hear about you baby girl she sounds like a little tropper.
I hope you are able to find a school for Connor that you like. I must say that putting Makhi in a regular pre-school as done wonder's. I am so glad I made the decision to take him out of the special needs class and take him to regular pre-school. He has made so much more progress.
I sure you will fine just what you looking for.
Give Conner a hug from me and Makhi
Tara

*Our Family*

Photobucket

"Connor's 3rd Birthday in Pics"


Before OMS Onset....

Connor was SO happy and interactive-then OMS struck at 15 months old and he changed overnight...

"Holiday Slideshow 2008"

"A Year In Pictures-2008"


Slideshow Stacy Made!

Connor's 2nd Birthday April 2008

Halloween 2006

Connor George Khoury

Connor George Khoury