Connor's Corner

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

Our dining room with its new floors...

Connor looking pretty bored during a recent shopping trip, lol...

Handsome fellow!

Bubbles! One of Connor's new words-he loves playing in the sink lately :)

Connor's favorite thing to do these days, play with Play-dough-which has been great for his fine motor skills.


A couple months ago I decided I wanted to change most of our carpets to laminate flooring-well, we finally made the big switch this past weekend and What a difference it has made! The whole house looks cleaner and feels more open and airy. We are loving it...didn't love the mess though-luckily that only took a couple days to box things up and rearrange things after the crew was done working. Sure made me realize I don't want to have to go through the ordeal of moving anytime soon-it was a BIG job just doing this with four kids in the house, lol.

Yesterday we were supposed to have a nice "easy" day at the clinic...didn't need to be there until 1pm (instead of getting up at 5:30am for an 8:30am appt like usual)

I thought it was strange we got a 1pm appt., since it takes 5 hours for Connor to get done ??? which would put us at 6pm to leave, if they jab him as soon as he walks in the doors (not likely, lol)

We get there and they didn't even have him on schedule due to a major mix-up...So the meds hadn't been ordered or mixed (which takes forever because you can't stir the IVIG, it has to dissolve slowly)

Stacy and Samantha had come along (Stacy for the first time ever to Atlanta) and were SO good, but bored out of their minds. At 4pm Stacy asked me how much longer and when I told her "Hours" she looked shell-shocked. Poor girl-I don't know if she will want to come back again

All I can say is thank goodness I brought the play-dough! It kept Connor busy most of the time...

I need to be sure I keep him on a very exact schedule for his IVIG...He was due to have it last week, but with all the end of the year celebrations at the kids schools-we delayed it by a week. He has been crawling SO much and it just breaks my heart when he does this-to see this big boy on the ground on his hands and knees...anyway, he usually is feeling better within a couple days and walking well too.

I am sick right now, and Connor has a yucky nose (I'm hoping he doesn't get worse) I think our beach trip this weekend might be on hold :( unless a miracle recovery happens for me in the next 24 hours, lol...I'm not worried though-we have plenty of time, I was just looking forward to seeing Connor and Sami enjoy the sand and sun...and Ryan and Stacy LOVE going to the beach, so I know they will be bummed if we delay it a bit.

Oh-some good news! I hope to get my braces off before the end of summer. I need to dig out the OLD pics of my teeth for comparison purposes, lol. WOW what a difference almost 2 1/2 years in braces makes! By the way-YES, I am looking forward to some of the forbidden foods I have missed out on...corn on the cob especially. It would be cool if they were off by the 4th of July.

Love to all!
Deb

No comments:

*Our Family*

Photobucket

"Connor's 3rd Birthday in Pics"


Before OMS Onset....

Connor was SO happy and interactive-then OMS struck at 15 months old and he changed overnight...

"Holiday Slideshow 2008"

"A Year In Pictures-2008"


Slideshow Stacy Made!

Connor's 2nd Birthday April 2008

Halloween 2006

Connor George Khoury

Connor George Khoury